Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who only drive in perfect weather and or only on weekends ... How often do you change oil??? As I only get about 1000 miles a year, I don't want to waste oil but at the same time I want to take care of it!!!! Any Ideas please advise and Thanks.

· Registered
31 Posts
For those who only drive in perfect weather and or only on weekends ... How often do you change oil??? As I only get about 1000 miles a year, I don't want to waste oil but at the same time I want to take care of it!!!! Any Ideas please advise and Thanks.
Are you bed ridden? No legs? Can't afford the gas?
What reason would you keep a vette, that you didn't drive?
Driving a vette, is like sex, if you don't do it, you will rot away. :)

· Premium Member
9,061 Posts
got to agree, 1000 miles/yr? damn! drive that car son..... anyway, its yours ,do what you like..now, if the car is stored in climate control, I wouldn t change it for 2-3 years with synthetic.. if its stored outside,in wide temp swings, once a year at beginning of driving season

· Registered
910 Posts
Only 1000 a year I would use synthetic oil and only change it once a year
I agree, but there's more ...

got to agree, 1000 miles/yr? damn! drive that car son..... anyway, its yours ,do what you like..now, if the car is stored in climate control, I wouldn t change it for 2-3 years with synthetic.. if its stored outside,in wide temp swings, once a year at beginning of driving season
How 'bout in a non-climate controlled garage? and only driven in pristine weather?

· Premium Member
9,061 Posts
when temps and humidity swing from below freezing to above 90* you have condensation in everything.. fuel tank, oil pan etc..unless you live in a desert.. its the moisture you want to shed.,it causes corrosion ..the oil itself doesn t go bad for many years .. driving the car regularly gets rid of the moisture when the oil gets up to 210* ..climate controlled storage, has very low humidity...but as always, that's my opinion, its your car, do as you like ... I try to drive both of mine every week year round

· Registered
143 Posts
I drive about the same too. I change at the beginning of every season. Castro syntec and a quart of lucas. Plus I run a can of Seafoam in the tank. She also geta a fresh can with son fuel before winter storage in the garage under a car cover.

· Registered
13 Posts
1000 miles

I'll stick up for only driving it 1000 miles a year. I work 4.2 miles from home. Maybe I go 1000 or less. no rain or snow. But I have a Harley too. So I guess I have a threesome if driving a vette is like sex. So is riding a Harley.

Tops down and enjoy the summer all

· Registered
5,591 Posts

· Premium Member
9,061 Posts
I drive about the same too. I change at the beginning of every season. Castro syntec and a quart of lucas. Plus I run a can of Seafoam in the tank. She also geta a fresh can with son fuel before winter storage in the garage under a car cover.
Seafoam was designed to combat moisture in Marine engines fuel tanks .. works well for storing Corvettes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.