Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*sorry it is so long... sort of a brief summary of myself over the last handful of years*

Hi all... just signed up on the boards. I am also on corvetteforum.com as leet13.

I have always loved cars since I was young... i remember annoying my dad when we would go places because I would instantly turn my head and look when a great sounding car drove by and ignore him for a bit and then hear him say "Leet! You are not listening to me, can you just pay attention for a while?" Dad worked at Phila Navy Shipyard and I would visit a lot which also created a love for anything military as well as cars.

I got my first car when I was almost 18 years old... it was a 93 Chevy Corsica with a 3.1 automatic 4 speed (black). I used to shine that thing up as if it were new... it was a bit cooler than my moms 88 light blue chevy nova 4 door hatchback. About 5 and a half years later, I bought my own car- a 98 Firebird in bright silver metallic. It had 19k on it when I bought it and that night driving home was so amazing to me since it was all bought on my own- I was proud- especially after falling into debt after a failed relationship. I had done a few basic mods on the bird... Magnaflow exhaust, high flow cat, swapped out the entire sound system... K&N intake, and smooth bellows air lid. I also put charcoal stripes on it-- all installation done by me and a friend helped with-exhaust) I even had to change out the rear filler panel that was faded with a TA one from ebay and I wet sanded/polished the TA logo off of it and it was just a flat black glossy panel which looked new- kind of a fun project. I love doing stuff like that myself.

OK so ffwd to 2010... I met a wonderful man in 2009 and was in a sort of long distance relationship... Every week, about twice a week, we would meet either in between or one of us would do the 2 and a half hour drive to meet... the Firebird started to crap out. It was a shame since my now fiance had spent quite a bit helping me out with repairs and all that... A lot of stuff happened starting in 2006-2008 with me meeting someone I wish i never met in my life and basically used me for everything leaving me in total debt. All i had was my belongings that fit into the Firebird... (I remember showing up after a 6 hr drive home on my parents doorstep with plenty of baggage other than the Firebird being stuffed with clothes)...

Back on track... lets just say its 2010 (Sept). Finally had it with the repair costs of the Firebird. Originally wanted to just do an LS1 swap but a few months back my fiance had bought a 2010 Challenger SRT8... after being faced with another big repair he said to me, we are going to a local dealer since your car is falling apart- we put in about 8 grand the last 2 years... I agree... always wanted a V8 (especially LS1 since seeing TAs and Formulas with them). My fiance suggested we take a look at a Vette- he always loved them himself and had no idea he could get such a great deal. If he knew that, he would not have gotten the SRT8 which i think is a bit overpriced.

That 93 corsica back in the day came from a dealer that had a bright red TA WS6 in the showroom... i actually took one of those pamphlet/ads that they would have in dealerships that were specific to the Firebird models.

We pulled up the dealership website which my fiance had his car in there to get something done and (earlier that day dropping off his car, I gawked at the Corvette ZR1s and many Lotus Elise sitting there). Found a navy blue C5 with a lot of mods (definitely made into a show car as well as engine work) but the mileage was about 75k. Pass on that... Saw another- too many miles and was out of the price range for us (but was a C6)... Finally saw a White 2000 with glass top ALL STOCK... with 19k miles (same as the bird? LOL). We go for it.

I traded the bird in for the C5 the next day... I couldnt drive manual so my fiance drove it back for me. :p Funny, I had to learn to drive a 6 speed in a Vette and yes, i was scared to death to hurt the car!

If not for my fiance, there would be no way I would have this wonderful car... I have so much to thank him for (he is really helping me rebuild what the last ex took).

I baby the car... i hardly get on the accelerator (fiance has a field day in it and i hate that because he is very rough on his SRT8).

So far the C5 is all stock cept for the sound system (JL amp/sub in a stealthbox) with Kenwood HU. I kept the Bose speakers (love them)... 15% tint all the way around... Got a K40 radar in there which isnt really needed since I do not speed but whatever- got one anyway. I am looking into doing intake/exhaust then when I find a job but as of now I am doing the housewife thing.

Sorry this is so long... I have no idea why I am ranting today.

I have a cardomain- fatal_err0r and a youtube with one video so far of the car (slideshow) APBGrrl is me on youtube...

Anything else, just ask me :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
welcome to the funhouse

·
Premium Member
15,616 Posts
Welcome Aboard to SMOKINVETTE.COM .You just about said all and hope you fine all the info. you can use . Oh by the don't let this man get away :thumbsup3:.Seams like he likes you alot & VETTEs too..............:patriot:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome! Glad to hear things are going better for you. Having been there and done that with one past relationship I can certainly feel your pain. :thumbsup3:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts