Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i recently fixed my '85's motor after hydrolocking it about a month ago and luckily, did no damage to the actual block itself! The engine cranked right over and sounded just as beautiful as it ever has. However, I now have no oil pressure. I also have this little tube sticking out the top of my valve cover that i believe runs oil over to the right side of the engine that's not connected to anything at all.
So what i need to know is A) is this the cause of my lack of oil pressure or do i have a more serious problem such as a bad oil pump B) I can't find any connections as to where it might go, so where do i connect it. And C) I'm pretty new to this site so what's the easiest ways for me to post a picture so you know exactly what I'm talking about. Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks

· Registered
10,483 Posts
So i recently fixed my '85's motor after hydrolocking it about a month ago and luckily, did no damage to the actual block itself! The engine cranked right over and sounded just as beautiful as it ever has. However, I now have no oil pressure. I also have this little tube sticking out the top of my valve cover that i believe runs oil over to the right side of the engine that's not connected to anything at all.
So what i need to know is A) is this the cause of my lack of oil pressure or do i have a more serious problem such as a bad oil pump B) I can't find any connections as to where it might go, so where do i connect it. And C) I'm pretty new to this site so what's the easiest ways for me to post a picture so you know exactly what I'm talking about. Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks

Did you take the engine out to "fix" it? I would suspect you do have oil pressure but your gauge isn't showing it because of the wire being disconnected to the oil pressure sender on the rear of the block. If you have a mechanical gauge I'd screw that in and see what it shows. Either in the top of the block or on the left side where the oil temperature sender screws in.

The tube that is sticking out of your valve cover is most likely for your PCV or a vent for something else. But it wouldn't have anything to do with oil pressure.

For posting pictures you can log into Photobucket then transfer the pictures to your posts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.