Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 75 tubed Vette with a 532 blower motor. Go fast, but doesn't stop very well. I have been throwing money at it by buying Wilwood master cylinder (tried and 1 1/8 in bore, as well at a 7/8 bore, Wilwood rear disc, brakes and stock Vette brakes on the front. Nothing seems to work. I do not have a vacuum booster or a perportion valve. I've heard because it had power brakes that I need a different pivot point for the brake pedal. Looking for some good advise from a racer that has gone through this thing before. The brakes are so bad it is dangerous to drive it.

· Premium Member
9,061 Posts
manual brakes are never gonna stop you... I would go back to the booster, if you don t have sufficient manifold vacuum for it, get a SSB electric pump.. thats what I had to do.. my stroker roller cam is so hot, I only have 6-7 inhg vacuum. went to electric pump, provides 18inhg to booster constant..stops on a dime everytime...welcome to SV..we got a great bunch here

· Registered
1,292 Posts
Yes, welcome to SV. Like Fish says your going to need a brake booster and you most likely don't have enough engine vacuum so you will need to find another way to supply vacuum to the booster. The electric vacuum pump units found on Turbo cars is a good starting point, the Buick Gran National comes to mind. And yes manual brake cars had more leverage built into the brake pedal assembly. :welcometoourcl

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no brakes

Thanks Hot Rod. I got the vacuum booster in today and will put it on this weekend. Another club member has a 2011 Camaro with a 509 blower motor. He says his makes enough vacuum, so we'll see come this weekend. I do appreciate the info you guys have given. I'll let you know how it comes out.

· Registered
5,591 Posts
How can a blower motor make vacuum ?
the blower makes pressure:z1-2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.