Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last weekend we had a break in the RAIN. So I took the vette out for a long drive on the back roads and through the hills. Lots of turns. Of course I got on it a few times on the straights. I am impressed with how quick it will go from 0-90, I think my old Mustang would have barely been at 65 in the same amount of time. But in comparison the corvette seemed overal more subdued, so then I turned off the stability control and got the tail waggin......ah much better. I passed one COP, slowly, I am always surprise how many there are around here out on the back roads...... no tickets in last 19 years, I was 18 when I got the last one, but I fear that may change soon.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Good times, good times. I still haven't got on mine with the traction control off. Too many horror stories and not enough open roads.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Totally rained out this weekend, 4 days off and not one dry day....depressing. I have no interest in driving my vette in the rain, but I was really tempted this weekend.....I think I have an addiction. When I do go for a joy ride on the back roads, there are lots of white crosses on the road side to remind folks to take it easy.....I think that is more of a deterrent than the thought of getting a ticket. If I was ever to become RICH (as in Filthy), I would build my own race track.....that would be SOOOOO cool. I would have speed limit signs around the track with spray paint crossing out the limit. Yes, I have day dreamed about this.....

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
my woman is my traction control
an ex scared the CRAP OUT'A HER SO SLOW AND EASY IT GOES ...

UNTIL BETWEEN THE SHEETS.....

·
Registered
518 Posts
I rarely turn off the traction control, I always wonder if the BIG power vette guys turn it off or if it gets a little to scary without it.
Mine is on 95 percent of the time. I'll turn it off for launch practice when I'm on a deserted road, but it's back on for the drive home.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Word of addvice, do not turn off the traction control, hold down the button for a couple of seconds and the car goes into "race mode". In race mode the traction control is off (you get wheel spin) but the stability control is still on.
From experience these cars are real easy to spin out, so leave the stability control on.
Have fun but be safe
Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, i'll turn it off and light em' up once in a while. It can be a real hand full. Be very careful. I hesitate to drive it when it's wet because my right foot doesn't always do what my better judgement tells it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's fun to kill it every now and then and go for a fly.
It's usually on though to help keep me in line.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one that leaves it on. I put my mustang into a curb when i was 19, Just let it get a little to much out of my control around a turn. I would hate to do that with this fragile car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts