Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MrSteve09,....

Just purchased my very first Corvette ever,... C5 2002. A Plain-Jane Garden Variety Base model. Perfect entry level Corvette!!

i had her out on a 74 mile cruse today and the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree!! Above the steering wheel I would get three repeating messages. “Service vehicle required”,.. “reduce engine power”,.. and “LowFuel” I had just gassed up yesterday,.. fuel gage crashed,.. oil pressure tanked, and engine temperature spiked. Not to mention the radio/clock went offline.

This happened three times in two and a half hours. Shutting the car off for a couple minutes, would reset everything, and the gages would read normally. Any idea if this is an electrical problem in the dash, or the CD/radio/clock, because they were affected as well

Thanks
MrSteve09

·
Registered
2003 Coupe, Medium Spiral Gray, Manual
5 Posts
C5s behave very strangely whenever there is any sort of voltage drop. I had a short in my HVAC that made my car think I didn't have oil pressure so it shut itself off. After I fixed the short, it never happened again. The short was caused by me, replacing the HVAC lights with LEDs which is probably not your issue. How old is your battery? Has it been charged up? Your alternator is really strong in that car, but that could be the problem as well. I would just change the battery first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts