Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in the process of buying a 1986 corvette and i had a few questions regarding the purchase.

1- is there anything i need to be aware of while i am shopping? i.e. constant issues you guys face?

2- what is the difference between an lt1 a z51 and the l98? i know that l98 means its a tpi engine but what is the z51 or the lt1? and i was told to stay away from crossflow injection but to my understanding this year did not offer that. correct?

3- and for my own curiosity did this year ever come with an optional white interior?

thanks in advance.... bernard

·
Super Moderator
5,847 Posts
i am in the process of buying a 1986 corvette and i had a few questions regarding the purchase.

1- is there anything i need to be aware of while i am shopping? i.e. constant issues you guys face?

2- what is the difference between an lt1 a z51 and the l98? i know that l98 means its a tpi engine but what is the z51 or the lt1? and i was told to stay away from crossflow injection but to my understanding this year did not offer that. correct?

3- and for my own curiosity did this year ever come with an optional white interior?

thanks in advance.... bernard

Hi Bernard Welcome to Smokinvette. The 1986 vette did not have a white interior option that i know of. The Z51 option is a stiffer suspension and dual radiator cooling fans. Look for leaking fuel injectors and look for auto trans,the 4-speed trans has issues. The LT1 option started in 1992 and it designated the type of motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts