Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool! Are you gonna use those tires as daily drivers? If so let us know how they hold up.
No, I bought them for an event. I DD on Nitto 555R2s which are 100 threadwear road race tires, and I see 7 - 9K miles out of a set, so I burn throughn 3 - 4 sets a year. These would last half as long, possibly less, and they also make the car handle like crap (the biggest issue with DRs), so they are for special occasions only.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Are you really wringing 800 ponies out of that? ....:wtf:that's incredible if UR. Slightly intimidating......Nice DR's BTW.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you really wringing 800 ponies out of that? ....:wtf:that's incredible if UR. Slightly intimidating......Nice DR's BTW.
Thanks. Yeah, its got approx 800 crank HP. It is a built LS2 engine, all forged internals with a ZR-1 camshaft and a Novi 1500 supercharger pushing 15PSI. Car dynoed 700RWHP / 580RWTQ.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I'll bet the tires will be fun hooking up the power at speeds under 60 mph. :)

Seems like the license plate is an invitation to get challenged more. I would have expected you to have gotten a 700 HP plate and avoid the guessing about SAE. ;)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll bet the tires will be fun hooking up the power at speeds under 60 mph. :)

Seems like the license plate is an invitation to get challenged more. I would have expected you to have gotten a 700 HP plate and avoid the guessing about SAE. ;)
I would but 99% of the people I've spoken to about the subject don't have any understanding of what power at the wheels or driveline loss means...

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
That is one sweet looking machine Powerlabs. I know you've done quite alot of motor work. I wish I had the money to supercharge my '08.:rockon6rk:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

can you spell GRIPTION !? :thumbsup3:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts