Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a new stereo to replace the original in my '77 and then put in new speakers. I have seen that some sites like Ecklers sell modern stereos that look like the old ones. I've been told that buying off-the-shelf newer ones will require cutting the dash console to make a larger face for the newer stereos. I really don't want to do this, but I've also heard that retro-styled ones that fit the original faceplates tend to be of lower quality. I'm looking for any input, and if anyone else out there has done a similar project or has tried out the retro/styled stereos.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yah, I've been looking at the same thing, but Elker's is a rip off. go to ww.casmfg.com (add a w= in there for the link) and look at the USA-630. it has a spot for an IPOD as well as having a pre-out in case you want to add a amp and sub later on. you can get a dealer near you to buy them. I'm going to have a guy build 2 fiberglass enclosures on either side of the storage on my 73 that utilies the wasted space. i can get 2 8inch subs with an amp in between and still have some space for bags.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts