Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am now officially a corvette owner.....finally. I bought a 2004 C5 last week, graphite metallic with manual 6spd. 31,000 miles. When the C5 came out in 1997 I wanted one bad, IMHO the best looking american car in years. I drove MANY C4 corvettes years ago when I worked for a car dealer, fun job, but I had never driven a C5 untill the test drive of this car. So far I have driven 300 miles, :thumbsup3:. I can't wait for nicer weather.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Congratulations on your new vette!!! You'll love the car. Have you gotten mod fever yet? If not, be prepared, it will come. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Sweet !
I like the spiral gray color !

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Very nice and welcome to the family. Make sure you post some pics once you get your posts up to 10. :patriot:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, so far it has just been sitting in the garage. Too busy working and its been raining non stop for days.... Maybe later this week it will dry out and I can actually get to know it better. I will probably change a few things on the car eventually but for now I just want to drive. This car is a big step up for me, my previous "toy" was a '94 Mustang 5.0.....really nice car with several mods. done to it. I was kind of sad to see the old horse go, but the more I look at the vette the less I miss the horse. :thumbsup3: Later.....

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
You won't miss it for long once you start driving....

·
Registered
779 Posts
:welcometoourcl

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I noticed when I was driving my vette home after purchase that a couple vette drivers gave me the peace sign when I pasted them......I assume this was "V" for vette. Is this normal for fellow vette owners? or do I look so cool driving my vette that people just want to say HI. :seeya:

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I noticed when I was driving my vette home after purchase that a couple vette drivers gave me the peace sign when I pasted them......I assume this was "V" for vette. Is this normal for fellow vette owners? or do I look so cool driving my vette that people just want to say HI. :seeya:
most of us do the wave in recognition of a fellow Corvette owner.. now C6 drivers, not so much! and welcome!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome Dude, I wave to all muscle and classic cars. Had my baby for 3 years and love the cult. Enjoy your new hobby!

·
Smokin Vendor
612 Posts
I am now officially a corvette owner.....finally. I bought a 2004 C5 last week, graphite metallic with manual 6spd. 31,000 miles. When the C5 came out in 1997 I wanted one bad, IMHO the best looking american car in years. I drove MANY C4 corvettes years ago when I worked for a car dealer, fun job, but I had never driven a C5 untill the test drive of this car. So far I have driven 300 miles, :thumbsup3:. I can't wait for nicer weather.
Welcome brother and enjoy, I bring this up as am a firm believer through experience. Did it come with an extented warrenty?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, actually it does have an extended warranty, 4 years. It was a certified used car on a chevy lot. I normally work on my own cars, I have for the past 20 years, but if anything goes wrong with this car its going straight to the dealer. :woowoo:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ah, the "corvette wave". I think I discovered it on the drive home after I bought my first vette. I get the wave from C5's and C6's mostly. C4's not so much. C1, C2, C3 get waves from everyone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts