Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello. new to the forum, and new to corvettes. iv built/ran a number or camaros, but this is my first vette. i bought a 1980 corvette for $200(yeah, you read that right). guy said he has $6,000 into the motor and transmission, but just wanted it gone. basicly, the guy is a moron. he crashed the car several years ago because of drinking and driving. crashed it into a tree at a low speed. has very MILD frame damage. iv fixed more for less. lol. totally repairable. but will need an entire front clip. interior is still like new, just needs to be cleaned. no rips in the carpet or seats, and no cracks in the dash. its all there, and 100 percent compleat. iv wanted one this body style for ages, but never had the money. when this one came up for 200, i jumped on it. excited to finish tearing into it :) pulled the car from the field it was sitting in at 6 pm, and by 9pm, front end was dissasembled, and motor and transmission were out. pictures will be up tomarrow.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, i just tried to post pictures of it, but it wouldnt let me because i dont have 10 posts. i guess ill get some pictures up whenever i get to ten then.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
post some more so you can post pics ! :welcometoourcl

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, im familiar with costs on a project. this isnt my first, and wont be my last. im planning on about $5,000 untill its back on the road(not including paint ofcourse.) as i already have another motor and transmission for it, and the interior is still perfect. i do all my own work, so that helps with cost ALOT. but thanks for the welcoming guys, exceited to tear into this thing a little more

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks. the motor and transmission that was in it is getting dropped into an 81 camaro. 350, dart heads, air gap intake, and edlebrock pro flo EFI on top and a transco built 700r4. and all that for $200 :) i think the corvette is getting an ls1 with the 6-speed manual.

·
Registered
210 Posts
thanks. the motor and transmission that was in it is getting dropped into an 81 camaro. 350, dart heads, air gap intake, and edlebrock pro flo EFI on top and a transco built 700r4. and all that for $200 :) i think the corvette is getting an ls1 with the 6-speed manual.
Welcome to the forum, great project car, but I am a little bit prejudice since mine's an 80.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I thought it was a steal. Even if I can't fix the frame, its got a perfect body and interior, so if all els fails then I can always part it out and make some money(don't plan on doing that tho) but instead of parting it out, im gunna try to get my hands on a tube frame chassis with the c5 suspention. A bit expensive, but it would make for a hell of a ride.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pictures are already up, they are the last post on the first page if you want to check it out

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
got some pictures of the motor. the motor is now carburated, and running like a champ in the project 81 camaro.when we finally got the hood ripped off the car, i nearly crapped myself when i seen that. thats $3,500 in parts right there, that i got for $200. couldnt believe it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this is the camaro the motor and transmission went in. its the fourth motor to be dropped in 6 months.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1 - 20 of 28 Posts