Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, New guy here. I was out this weekend and saw a 1982 C3 for sale, got to thinking, I wanted one of these in High School so bad it hurt. The C2's have just gotten out of reach for me . . . probably most of us. So, I am seriously considering this one. My first Vette - maybe last one too. Price seems decent but I know only what I can read courtesy of Madam Google.

Any advice/opinions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is something I did not know. Is there a known problem/cure? Or is this just one of those engineering things? More specifically, is it one of those things that with patience can be cured or is it a design flaw with the Cross Fire Fuel Injection or some other component - I think I read the Cross Fire Fuel Injection was new for that year so I am assuming it is at the root of the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an 82 CE with 37,000 miles, all original. I’ve known the car from new. A friend bought it new, she sold it to me in 2010 after storing it for 20+ years.The crossfire fuel injection often mis understood. New electronic fuel injection for GM. I would say that most systems were removed because most didn’t understand early fuel injection and replaced them with carburetor systems.
Rough idle.....check the usual items, then check engine vacuum. Most likely a bad intake gasket.
Not a bad car at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an 82 CE with 37,000 miles, all original. I’ve known the car from new. A friend bought it new, she sold it to me in 2010 after storing it for 20+ years.The crossfire fuel injection often mis understood. New electronic fuel injection for GM. I would say that most systems were removed because most didn’t understand early fuel injection and replaced them with carburetor systems.
Rough idle.....check the usual items, then check engine vacuum. Most likely a bad intake gasket.
Not a bad car at all.
Thanks. I contacted the seller, they have not returned my call in a week. Guess they don't want to sell . . . or there is a problem in the works. I left message that I would tender deposit to hold if they will deliver to local Chevrolet Dealer of my choosing for an inspection at my expense. If it passes, I would pay FedEx cost to round-robin the paperwork and take delivery at the dealership when I pay for the inspection, fresh oil change, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts