Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just picked up a 94 black coupe 6 speed ,143,000 miles. after pressure washing the engine i found a bad 2way vacuum check valve and bad vacuum lines. replaced those and started car and had a high idle. found tps output signal at 1.4 at idle and rising slowly and going back down slowly at random. checked connector volts at 4.9 input and ground/sig @ 0 so those were fine. im guessing this is just a bad tps,but the car was driving fine and no check engine light before and the tps is a sealed unit... has anyone had this kind of problem before? i do have a new tps on order and should be here by wednesday.

thomas.

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
You can louse up any TPS with a pressure washer. Yes, they're sealed to prevent average moisture from getting into them but not sealed well enough to prevent water under high pressure from getting in.

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Waterlogged TPS

Try putting your TPS in your oven for about 1 hour at 350 degrees. If there's any water in it the heat will evaporate it. Then try it out and see what it does. You may have ruined it but there's no harm in trying to fix it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Good chance you got the optispark wet. Any records when that was replaced last ? 92-94 were unvented and only last for around 50 -60 K
it still runs without the tps and revs fine. but has driveability problems . no records

and also i got the tps and tried to install...the throttle shaft that goes into it was at a different angle than what the tps was set at... so i returned and will be checkin out the dealership tomorrow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We went over a Post on Pressure washer some say ok, I say NEVER> This is pure example. Steam clean only.
i never saw it, probably due to being fresh to this forum. point taken though. found out my vette has a 92-93 tps. my vette is a 94. should have it tomorrow morn.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
none of the tps sensors are lining up with the throttle shaft... even the one that matchs the oem part number...any ideas?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts