Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Never been a Corvette fan. Love Buick and Pontiac. Back in March of 08 we, (me and wife of 33 years) bought a Brand spankin new Dodge Magnum with all the options, (I always dodged the Dodges) Pearl black, 20' wheels, 5.7 hemi, nav, the works. That evening we took a trip to Oklahoma to a UFC fight and noticed an exaust smell coming in the back. The next business day we took it back and was told we were covered. Well after 8 months and 23 times to the shop,,,, the Kansas health department put their machines in it and red tagged the car and said dont drive it,,, the fire dept sniffed it and said dont drive it,,,,tons of lies and rejection the dealer (Parks Motors) said it was normal to get exaust in the car "because no car is air tight"?????? I told them it is against federal law for me to inhale their exaust and for them to fix it and not call me till it was done. Well the story never ends,,,, I quit making payments, they sold it and charged me $17,000 for the left overs. Oh yea, I bought a 02 Dodge Cummins 3/4 ton 4x4 from them the same week. Still got it and love it. That week we also gave one of our daughters our white Park ave ultra, another daughter our black ultra, and another daughter our 4x4 Cherokee. Well here we go with the rest of the story. Now My wife needed a family car. She started looking on craigs list and found a Aqua 93 Corvette for $7000.00. It was here in Wichita. I called the guy and asked if he would bring it over to our shop. We were standing in the over head door way when it rolled in and it was like OH MY GOD!!!! It was love at first sight. We took it for a drive down a nearby highway,, I asked her if she wanted it and she said yes she did. I replaced two soft plugs, the blinker harness, installed a $2000.00 nav and sound system with two amps. Tinted the glass, synthetic trans fluid and oil. Fixed every tiny little blemish inside and out, even one of the little bumpers on the rear glass. Installed Goodyear F1 GS D3s all the way around Lubed the window tracks inside of the doors, replaced a glass bump stop. Had a body shop buff it to perfection,,,, Oh, by the way it will go at least to 150 in 3rd no problem,,, hit OD and let off, felt like 75. Well, we are now hooked, Corvette crazy. It was a transformation those other people we left behind will never understand and can't understand untill they take the step into the true realm of existance of owning and driving a Corvette plus the spiritual perfection we have now attained. Oh, some of you already have met us at Eurika Springs. We drive that Silver 68 4x4 Firebird. That is a whole story of it's own.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Welcome to SV. Glad you are here! :burnout:

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
What a story. That dealer is a real :tool:

Congratulations on your Vette.:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Never been a Corvette fan. Love Buick and Pontiac. Back in March of 08 we, (me and wife of 33 years) bought a Brand spankin new Dodge Magnum with all the options, (I always dodged the Dodges) Pearl black, 20' wheels, 5.7 hemi, nav, the works. That evening we took a trip to Oklahoma to a UFC fight and noticed an exaust smell coming in the back. The next business day we took it back and was told we were covered. Well after 8 months and 23 times to the shop,,,, the Kansas health department put their machines in it and red tagged the car and said dont drive it,,, the fire dept sniffed it and said dont drive it,,,,tons of lies and rejection the dealer (Parks Motors) said it was normal to get exaust in the car "because no car is air tight"?????? I told them it is against federal law for me to inhale their exaust and for them to fix it and not call me till it was done. Well the story never ends,,,, I quit making payments, they sold it and charged me $17,000 for the left overs. Oh yea, I bought a 02 Dodge Cummins 3/4 ton 4x4 from them the same week. Still got it and love it. That week we also gave one of our daughters our white Park ave ultra, another daughter our black ultra, and another daughter our 4x4 Cherokee. Well here we go with the rest of the story. Now My wife needed a family car. She started looking on craigs list and found a Aqua 93 Corvette for $7000.00. It was here in Wichita. I called the guy and asked if he would bring it over to our shop. We were standing in the over head door way when it rolled in and it was like OH MY GOD!!!! It was love at first sight. We took it for a drive down a nearby highway,, I asked her if she wanted it and she said yes she did. I replaced two soft plugs, the blinker harness, installed a $2000.00 nav and sound system with two amps. Tinted the glass, synthetic trans fluid and oil. Fixed every tiny little blemish inside and out, even one of the little bumpers on the rear glass. Installed Goodyear F1 GS D3s all the way around Lubed the window tracks inside of the doors, replaced a glass bump stop. Had a body shop buff it to perfection,,,, Oh, by the way it will go at least to 150 in 3rd no problem,,, hit OD and let off, felt like 75. Well, we are now hooked, Corvette crazy. It was a transformation those other people we left behind will never understand and can't understand untill they take the step into the true realm of existance of owning and driving a Corvette plus the spiritual perfection we have now attained. Oh, some of you already have met us at Eurika Springs. We drive that Silver 68 4x4 Firebird. That is a whole story of it's own.
:welcometoourcl:welcometoourcl:welcometoourcl

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks boys and girls!. You can utube binderbird to see that binderbird in action. Tried to post a link on my intro but not ranked yet. I'll get some pics of my,,,wifes Corvette :duel: on soon. I'm going to do alot of reading on this site 'cause I have several Qs about our C4. Also want to check on some upcoming meets you all attend. After all it is soon to be corvette season, I mean, spring!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts