Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of restoring a 70 coupe and I don't know where the left quarter pnl inside trim vent hose goes?????

·
Registered
474 Posts
?

Sorry Mr. Hat, the word combination of "left quarter panel inside trim vent hose" just doesn't bring anything to mind. Some clarity please.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think your are referring to the Astro Ventilation drain tubes that empty into the wheelwells. Here are some shots from my '73. Notice that both hoses are cracked and leaking!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the photos, but this actually a vent with an an appox 2 inch hose connection. It's just on the left side. I wondering if someone may have replaced the trim panelfrom another year?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow, a 2" diameter hose! That's like a radiator hose. I can't imagine what that could be.
Some pictures would really help. If you can't get the pictures to post, you can email them to me and I'll post them for you. Send me a PM.

John

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Thanks for the photos, but this actually a vent with an an appox 2 inch hose connection. It's just on the left side. I wondering if someone may have replaced the trim panelfrom another year?

My '71 had a piece of foam insulation OVER the hose. See if the hose comes off. I believe it's about 1-1/8" in diameter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts