Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!,
I need some help.

I have a 1996 C-4 base model with 6 speed transmission. I need to id a black wire with a white tracer that I pulled loose after a tail light bucket change out drivers side.
This wire was routed/attached on the back of one of my taillight buckets via a clip.. One end seems to be attached to the power antenna, but I cannot tell where the other end goes.
Any ideas?
jd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW all rear lights work, except reverse lights, (I am currently adding a rear view camera) but I can't seem to find any relationship to the pulled out wires location and the reverse lights.
I have checked my Clymers, Chilton and Chevrolet manual and can't find a blk/white wire in any manual, let alone where it connects..
Hoping for an answer.
jd96

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys!,
I need some help.

I have a 1996 C-4 base model with 6 speed transmission. I need to id a black wire with a white tracer that I pulled loose after a tail light bucket change out drivers side.
This wire was routed/attached on the back of one of my taillight buckets via a clip.. One end seems to be attached to the power antenna, but I cannot tell where the other end goes.
Any ideas?
jd
Get hold of a wiring diagram via Google. Or take the other side apart and see where that goes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the Google suggestion. but no go on the wiring diagram from any one on Google showing a blk/white wire attached to the drivers side taillight bucket. Just solid black. No duplicate on the passenger side either.
Anybody take their tail light buckets out, 95-96 Vette, driver side and remember a Blk/White wire from the antenna clipped to the inside bucket? My multi-meter shows it is a ground wire.
No diagrams I have seen show this blk/white wire, only solid black.
Any old bold Chevy mechanics out there that still remember a 26 year old Vette?
Im hopin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts