Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
472 Posts
One lead grounding out won't keep it from starting, so I'd say you have two...
I agree, While recently checking for clearance with roller rockers under the covers I pulled 4 plug wires while my buddy tapped the engine over. The engine still started! A few years back I did my opti in doing the very same thing! Also did in the knock sensors on my 04 silverado by washing the engine. On the bright side, instead of storing your car you now have A winter project! :food-smiley-019:

· Registered
472 Posts
Moving forward with my Optispark replacement, I got everything off but the crankshaft harmonic balancer is being stubborn. The three bolts for balancer to flange have been removed. I've done a little prying and tapping, but no luck. Not much room for a puller. Does anyone have any tips for removing balancer on LT1? Factory service manual wants you to pull engine mounts bolts and lift engine up (I would prefer not to do). It does reference some kind of pulling tool, but is non-specific.
Loosen the bolts a good bit but do not remove. next you will need a 2x2x6 inch block of wood and a hammer, from under the car tap on both sides untill it breaks loose. leaving the bolts in will keep it it from flying off. them remove the bolts and lay it off to the side out of your way as there is not enough room to pull it out. If your not sure of the age of the waterpump I would replace it also. If your aged waterpump starts leaking it will surely take out the new opti again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.