Chevy Corvette Forum banner

Need Help! Starting Issue

4K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  crossflag 
I too have pressure washed many engines. My routine is to warm it up and leave it running during and well after using the pressure washer. But what you can't do is use it like you would a sandblaster. I think the idea is to not subject it to much more than it would see going down the road at 70 in a blinding rain storm, which means keeping your distance with the wand. I use westley's tire cleaner, and mostly use the pressure washer to clean the rubber n plastics. You can get some of the grease n crud build up, but only after you've hand scrubbed it lose. I've never had an issue, but you are always taking a chance.

One thing to consider in you instance, is you maybe found a weak point in your opti spark that would of left you broke down on the side of the road in a rain storm.

btw, you could try spraying down the opti with some WD40. It was made to displace water in this exact instance. It also contains no oil, so no eating away on the electronics.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.