Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I've got a 82 corvette with 72,000 miles on it. Bought it 3 years ago for a good price. Drive it on nice days only, I live in Chicago. 3 months ago I went to start it and it would not turn over. It did'nt seem to be getting any gas. I did,nt try it again until 3-4 weeks later. Same thing. My first thought was the fuel pump, it could still be the original. I replaced the fuel pump and filter on the bottom of it ( why does'nt the damn filter come with the fuel pump). Found out there was another filter on the rails of the frame on the passenger side. Changed that too and it still won't start. What am I missing ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Need help in Chicago again. Forgot to mention that when I sprayed starting fluid in the carbs it would start up.

·
Registered
9,745 Posts
Need help in Chicago again. Forgot to mention that when I sprayed starting fluid in the carbs it would start up.

The computer should run the fuel pump for two seconds when you turn the key ON so check that first. If during those first two seconds oil pressure is built the oil pressure switch (next to your distributor) turns on the fuel pump relay (right behind your driver's seat) which then powers the pump. You need to ask a moderator to move your thread to the C3 PERFORMANCE forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts