Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found this great deal on a 1971 Chevy corvette but i noticed it has no door mirrors. Everything has already been done to this corvette, its basically 100% complete.

My questions are...
What would I have to do to install new door mirrors? (detail)
Does it require to take out the door panel?
Do new door mirrors cost alot?

Besides answering my questions, any additional information or any opinions or advice would be great. Thank You everyone for taking your time into reading this and thank you for anything else!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not really sure if your vette might of had the original mirrors but if it doesn't and there are no holes that means its been bondo"ed over and painted. I have a 73. There should be 2 holes and its really easy.... self replaceable.

corvetteamerica.com go to parts/mirrors

(depending if you have the old dont order any of the screws but you will need anything that is rubber new. )

From this order you will need.
#X2591

or pick what ya need !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh alrighty then and no currently I dont have a corvette but would love to find a great deal on one. So for now its just a learning process. Thank You everyone for the replies!

·
Registered
16 Posts
i beleive that in 71 that a passenger side mirror was a dealer installed as the luggage rack was also,i have a 71 numbers matching 454,it does have the origanil mirrors the driver side does have the correct 71 date code the pass side has no date code,,the glass has the date code,all glass has date codes,check out the vid of my 71,454 also check corvette-world.com go to the specs and pic gen,good place for info, the video of my vette,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfuJE9umROkwill

·
Registered
9,726 Posts
i beleive that in 71 that a passenger side mirror was a dealer installed as the luggage rack was also,i have a 71 numbers matching 454,it does have the origanil mirrors the driver side does have the correct 71 date code the pass side has no date code,,the glass has the date code,all glass has date codes,check out the vid of my 71,454 also check corvette-world.com go to the specs and pic gen,good place for info, the video of my vette,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfuJE9umROkwill

I recently read all right side mirrors were dealer installed items until about 1978 when the dual electric powered mirrors became available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts