Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car out of winter storage and found that my passenger rear tire was down to 24psi. After inspecting the tire more, found a nail in the outside tread. I only have about 10,000 miles on my Goodyear Eagle F1 Run Flats. Can this tire be repaired or should I go with a new tire. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Just got my car out of winter storage and found that my passenger rear tire was down to 24psi. After inspecting the tire more, found a nail in the outside tread. I only have about 10,000 miles on my Goodyear Eagle F1 Run Flats. Can this tire be repaired or should I go with a new tire. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Runflats can be repaired if certain criteria are met. It should be spelled out in the pamphlet that came with the tires if you still have it. Otherwise, check with a reputable tire dealer to see if they will repair it. I have the other Goodyear tire on my 'Vette and the right rear has been repaired. The repair involves inserting a mushroom shaped plug in the tire from the inside out. The cap gets sealed against the inside of the tire and the stem seals the hole. I have had no problems with it in a little more than 10K miles.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The nail is in the very last outside tread. If it cannot be repaired, I found on tire rack a Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110. Does anyone have any experience with this tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts