Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here is the story. I have had black rims for a while now and I wanted something different. My Black iForged wheels were 18/19 (rear tire being a 325/30/19). I have always liked the way the GS wheels looked but I didn't see that many of our C5's with them for examples (until recently). I found a GS STYLE wheel that I liked. It especially appealed to me because it was close but not exactly the same as the GS wheel. The ends of the spokes are open and the concave profile is greater. I got these in 19x10/20x12 and put a 345/25/20 Invo on the rear. I'm glad my wife is understanding because even though I got a good deal on the wheels, I still had to drop almost $2K for tires. I must say that I really like the change. This may be because I had black for a while but here are the pics...

Changed from...

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The silver wheels look good. I have never been a fan of black wheels whether they were striped or not. Always reminded of the old, dirty steel wheels we saw on old clunkers run by the residents on the other side of the tracks.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I knda liked the black ones better

·
Registered
779 Posts
To be honest, I didn't like them when I first saw the pics, but I have to admit that they are growing on me.....

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nice body work to make the 345's look correct. That wheel well is full. Very hot!
What did you do to allow the 345's to fit? The body work is excellent, and it seems that Gigitty will be needing a new paint job soon, so I'd like to be able to go to 345's too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What did you do to allow the 345's to fit? The body work is excellent, and it seems that Gigitty will be needing a new paint job soon, so I'd like to be able to go to 345's too.
With the L5 flares on there the rears were purchased using a C6Z06 offset and I had to add a 3/4" spacer and longer bolts. Came out perfect and no rubbing anywhere. :thumbsup3:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts