Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a "factory refurbished" Holley 770 cfm Street Avenger for only $309 plus tax. When it arrived I saw no evidence of it ever being un-packaged or installed so I assume someone ordered it by mistake then sent it back for a refund. When I un-packaged it I found it had three features that weren't mentioned in the advertising; 4-corner idle screws, sight glasses in the float bowls, and 3/4" wrench size inlet fittings.. And although its LIST number was supposed to be 0-80770 the first digit appears to be re-stamped to a "9" making it a 0-90770. The first Street Avengers were released in 2005 so Holley likely made subtle improvements since then because the original Street Avengers only had 2 mixture screws, conventional brass sight plugs in the fuel bowls, and 1" wrench size inlet fittings.

In another Corvette forum I read a lot of bad things about these Street Avengers like "they're Chinese junk" or "they're poorly made" or "something is wrong with their metering blocks" but when I compared each of its individual parts to my old #3310's parts I couldn't see any difference other than the word HOLLEY being included on its castings. I suspect the guys making those claims thoroughly screwed theirs up then blamed Holley for their screw ups. The only thing I found wrong was its butterflies hadn't been centered in their bores and that was easily corrected. After I installed it I drove my '71 under all operating conditions and it worked perfectly.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts