Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading another post here were it was mentioned that when a convertible top is down the MPG goes down on a Vette? I find this pretty interesting. Have there been any studies that show how much increase in drag is created with the top down vs up? What sort of decrease in MPG? Or are we talking a small amount?

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
I was just reading another post here were it was mentioned that when a convertible top is down the MPG goes down on a Vette? I find this pretty interesting. Have there been any studies that show how much increase in drag is created with the top down vs up? What sort of decrease in MPG? Or are we talking a small amount?
I lose about 1.5 MPG

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Its worth it to have the wind blowing in your face:thumbsup:
Yeah, buddy! Perhaps I should have said that I gain about 1.5 mpg on those few times when the top is up. But lately the top has to be up because of Global Warming making the air so dang cold! I am going to drive it to the Corvette meeting tomorrow night anyway! (With the top up)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Yeah, buddy! Perhaps I should have said that I gain about 1.5 mpg on those few times when the top is up. But lately the top has to be up because of Global Warming making the air so dang cold! I am going to drive it to the Corvette meeting tomorrow night anyway! (With the top up)
Hope its not as cold there as it is here 14 with 4 " of snow expecting 2 more tomorrow

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Hope its not as cold there as it is here 14 with 4 " of snow expecting 2 more tomorrow
It is 20* no snow in the forecast but we had 10" before Christmas - Yikes! I was hoping I had left the white crap in NOVA!

I shoulda moved to Jax where my daughter is - but it will be 31 there tonight and the 20s the next two! Where is that global warming when you need it!

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
If I gave a damn about MPG I'd have bought a Prius. :smilielol5:
I pay attention to MPG because it tells me how the engine is performing. If there is a sudden significant change, something is amiss. Just another tool. (If I really cared about the MPG for economy, I would not have modded the motor ;))

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.