Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's been raining a lot here in Houston and I noticed that my headlamps are retaining moisture. Fortunately, no water, only moisture. Who know's what could be going on? Has this happened to anyone?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Your condition is normal. Due to the rain you have received and the higher humidity, moisture can and will occur. It will go away on its own :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
These lights are not sealed units. Under times of high humidity water can condense in the lights.
Don't worry, once the rain goes away so will the moisture in the lights. Cool dry air will dry them out faster than hot air.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Also, as posted in earlier threads on this issue, there are airway openings that can become clogged around the headlight unit that increase this condensation. Checking to be sure there isn't debris in any of these areas to allow proper airflow could help reduce the chance of this happening in the future.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks!

Thanks everyone for the info. I did notice that it went away when I left the car outside. I'll check around the lamps to see if anything is stuck in there. Again, thanks!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Thanks everyone for the info. I did notice that it went away when I left the car outside. I'll check around the lamps to see if anything is stuck in there. Again, thanks!
:patriot: Good to hear

·
Registered
79 Posts
:thumbsup3: Good to hear. For what it's worth every time I wash my car I get at least one of my headlights fogged up. Generally clears up in a day or two.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've not had any problems, but have seen people with this problem. Curious why it happens to some and not others?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts