Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, E85 in older cars may cause some fuel system problems ..and you will not get the mpg s from E85 as with E10 or just gasoline.. ethanol produces less energy than gasoline ..around 30% less .. it is sold at only a few places in my area

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
see , C5's are economy cars :thumbsup3::woowoo:

·
Registered
908 Posts
just made the return trip home, last night ...28.2 mpg .. I can live with that!
Most people don't believe me when I tell them how efficient these cars are. I had an acquaintance at work call BS on me and said that there was no way that my car gets better mpg than his Honda. Oh well, you can't fix stupid, but I tried anyway by sending him links from the internet and he still thinks it's BS. Got to love it...

·
Registered
908 Posts
Yes he should be. However, I honestly think that he believes that Honda is the best thing since the Apple iPhone (not Apple pie). Don't get me wrong, if you gave me a Honda, I wouldn't tell you to keep it but I'm not going to go out and purposely purchase one. To me, the Honda phenomena is just marketing hype and now a large portion of the market a drinking it's Kool Aid too.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Trade you, my "mildly" tweaked '76 with a TH350 tranny get's between 12-15 mpg on the highway. I haven't even ATTEMPTED to guess on the city.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I averaged 27.5 on a 6hr round trip that included a couple of hundred miles of steep hilly roads and some city driving. I have an 02 coupe with 2.73 rear end. I did add headers, high flow cats, Xpipe and new exhaust as well as a Vararam. She breathes in and out very freely. Sounds awesome and that cuts down on the daily milage for some strange reason.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts