Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car

I'm new to the muscle car scene. Picked up a '79 C3 that's had a lot of work done to it already. I don't want to pay a mechanic to do everything for me, but I also don't want to jump into something over my head.

I noticed it's leaking oil, so I crawled underneath to look. I know they make an additive that's supposed to fix basic oil leaks, but I'm wondering if that's just patching a bigger problem. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Here's where I'm seeing the leak...
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exhaust Vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Automotive design Rim

There is also some tranny fluid on the pan, but I don't think its leaking.
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood
Thank you to anyone willing to help a guy out.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Hey everyone.
View attachment 35754
I'm new to the muscle car scene. Picked up a '79 C3 that's had a lot of work done to it already. I don't want to pay a mechanic to do everything for me, but I also don't want to jump into something over my head.

I noticed it's leaking oil, so I crawled underneath to look. I know they make an additive that's supposed to fix basic oil leaks, but I'm wondering if that's just patching a bigger problem. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Here's where I'm seeing the leak...

There is also some tranny fluid on the pan, but I don't think its leaking.
Thank you to anyone willing to help a guy out.
It appears your power steering control valve has began leaking and it's easy to repair. The seal kits are readily available for about $15 from any auto parts store.

To remove the valve you'll need a "pickle fork" to get it separated from the steering control rod. Just follow the instructions included with the kit. After installing the seal kit you'll need to "center" the valve by adjusting the 1/4"-28 self locking nut.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts