Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My map light on my 2006 vette got turned on and it will not turn off by pressing the buttons under the mirror as instructed in the manual. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
My map light on my 2006 vette got turned on and it will not turn off by pressing the buttons under the mirror as instructed in the manual. Any suggestions?
Try the switch/knob that controls brightness and the map light that is at your left knee...

·
Registered
241 Posts
dumb and dumber

The engineer that put the on/off knob near your left knee should be ex communicated from the C6 community. And his supervisor.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The engineer that put the on/off knob near your left knee should be ex communicated from the C6 community. And his supervisor.
Did ya ever think that maybe the engineer planned it this way just to tee off long legged owners? I am surprised that Pipedreams hasn't come up with some cover that can be double sided taped around or over the switch to keep it from being activated by a knee. How about a miniature version of the "Top Cap" that BP tried to put over the leaking oil well. Oh, m I bad, that didn't work.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I went so far as to call OnStar for help, since I certainly wouldn't RTFM. The guy said something like, "Uh, did you try the switch to the left of the steering column?", to which I replied, "What switch?". He must have had a really tough time not laughing at me.:doh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Press the button on the dash to the left of the steering wheel that is used to brighten the dashboard lights

1 - 9 of 9 Posts