Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dipped headlight beam alignment on my C5 is just perfect. BUT the main beam alignment is too high. Can the main and dipped alignment be adjusted independently? And if so, how please?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think that they can you have to reach in from the wheel wells to get to the adjustments I believe but I have never performed this myself before so I just don't know which way you turn them?!

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
The headlight is adjusted as a complete unit. The adjustments are located on the perimiter of the bracket that holds the bulb in place. You will need to remove the plastic shroud that surrounds the headlight. It is held on by two screws. You can't adjust the low beam and high beams independantly. The headlight can be adjusted for horizontal and vertical movement. The best thing to do is pull up in front of a large surface (wall, garage door) and turn on the lights. This will let you get a look at the light display and coverage and you can start your adjustments from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a major problem with a C5 headlight aim...adjusters all work...low beams are properly aimed...BUT drivers side high beam hits the road about 10 feet ahead of the car, while the passenger side high beam is up in the air. Bulbs are properly seated...no collision damage. How do you fix this problem???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts