Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know any good Corvette tuners and I would like a aftermarket tune. I have found a couple companies in USA who offer mail order tunes. I would like to know if a mail order tune will be better than me just purchasing something like Diablo Preditor?

Cheers

Robin

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
The more you've done to the car, the better off you would be to buy HP tuners or EFI live and get mail order help where you log the data and send it to the tuner.

For cars with minor modifications, a canned mail order tune from a reputable shop is fine.

·
Registered
776 Posts
a lot of times someone who has HPtuners will let you pay the $100 fee for license and borrow it to upload the email tune.

OOps i see you are in France. that would be tough to find a HP tuner to borrow

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
The more you've done to the car, the better off you would be to buy HP tuners or EFI live and get mail order help where you log the data and send it to the tuner.

For cars with minor modifications, a canned mail order tune from a reputable shop is fine.
:iagree: check with the tuning section here. There is a company in Florida that offers home study courses on tuning.

·
Agent, Supporting Vendor/Tuner
4,612 Posts

I agree with this approach as I have personally helped an individual in Sweden work up his LS7 tune on an engine dyno and then a follow up tuning process in the car. All through email.

·
Registered
329 Posts
He locks his tunes though. With this guy being over seas, this might create some problems if he ever needs to adjust the tune.
I'm sure if the OP let's him know where he is, that they might not lock the tune then.

·
Smokin Vendor
1,746 Posts
Mail order tunes are a starting point, they can be very close, but need tweaking.

What we do is do a GoToMeeting and tune live from a distance. Works fairly well.

·
Smokin Vendor
1,746 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts