Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering various superchargers. Now this seems to be the largest supercharger that Magnuson puts out. On a LS2 motor would I need to do anything with the lower end in order to run this blower?

What hood options are out there that will work with this supercharger?

·
Registered
776 Posts
racing buddy had Century 21 in Dallas put in his and includes a warranty. you will need a BAP and he had trouble with that issue. Ill see if i can find some pics

you will need a hood and now there are way more than in the beginning, just gotta decide on one

here it is in the box

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Magnuson 2300 Z06 doing a burn out :burnout:

·
Registered
246 Posts
How much difference is there between Magnuson's 1900 and 2300?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Would this supercharger require a modified fuel system?

·
Agent, Supporting Vendor/Tuner
4,612 Posts
Good lord! What block and what other mods?
Here's the video:

How much difference is there between Magnuson's 1900 and 2300?
If you plan on making more than 8 PSI or use a larger engine then you want the 2300. Otherwise with a stock engine, about 7 PSI and the 1900.

Would this supercharger require a modified fuel system?
Generally speaking, yes. As you increase the overall Horsepower your fuel requirements will go up. GM engineers their fuel systems at approximately 30% over the rated HP. This is mostly to ensure enough fuel if the Catalytic Overtemperature Monitor is enabled which dumps additional fuel to prevent the cats from melting down.

·
Registered
23,206 Posts
Great blower, but the car doesn't sound like it has a supercharger. Isn't the Magnuson suppose to put out a whining noise?
"Maggies" don't whine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts