Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am new to the vetteski's. I have a 98 c5, i was wondering what modifications to fit the 15763 on my car; says it will only fit 2000-04 cars. Really cant beat the deal, loud catback with x pipe for around 400. Any advice or help is welcome.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
all I know is that the factory ti catback fits all c5's
I'd think they are all the same but cannot absolutely confirm it

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have this catback on my Z06 at the moment, I welded mine and replaced the rear hangers for a better fitment. The exhaust has a more smooth loudness to it, I will tell you that the drone at highway speeds is pretty loud and probably annoying on a long road trip. If you want pictures I can snap some and send them to you via email once my wife gets home with our camera.

In my opinion I would buy a different system. I asked before I bought mine and never got a response so I tried it out. The tone at wide open is great but I think all the Corvettes sound pretty good wide open... My BIGGEST complaint is the exhaust tips, although they are polished they do not fill that hole well. They are only 3.5" double wall tips.

Now I am currently in the market for a different setup, heck I might just through the stock ti on, if those tips didn't look so cheapo depot

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I like the ti
quiet w/o drone and pretty nice at WOF

·
Registered
779 Posts
I love my Corsa Extreme, I don't even listed to my MP3's anymore because the exhaust sounds so nice!

If you're going to own a Corvette, you're just going to have to learn to spend money!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, didnt expect all the replys so quick. i dont mind it loud i live in the sticks, i had a gt stang w no cats and flows and i loved it, but i dont know how comparible that is. I am in college right now, so, sadly i must be a cheapo right now, all i know is my vette wants to make some more noise lol

·
Registered
476 Posts
thanks guys, didnt expect all the replys so quick. i dont mind it loud i live in the sticks, i had a gt stang w no cats and flows and i loved it, but i dont know how comparible that is. I am in college right now, so, sadly i must be a cheapo right now, all i know is my vette wants to make some more noise lol
Well then this system may be a good solution for you. It will def. make some noise. I can't think of a system this "cost effective" on the market that has a decent name behind it. Unless you get a used set up from CL or EB.

Also I can't help but to think about the positioning of the C5 mufflers, and this setup fixes that with turbo style mufflers.

Anyone have any information on the stock muffler's perpendicular position? good? bad? no difference?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of modifications u think i would have to do, as far as i know my car has two cats and the newer c5 has 4 cats i think.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, i cant see anthing but the rear o2s need to relocated. I gonna get these, anybody know the cheapest place to get them. I found them for 400 something w free shipping on ebay not to long ago, but there not there anymore. Any vendors carry these for around 4 bills

·
Registered
476 Posts
ok, i cant see anthing but the rear o2s need to relocated. I gonna get these, anybody know the cheapest place to get them. I found them for 400 something w free shipping on ebay not to long ago, but there not there anymore. Any vendors carry these for around 4 bills
Not sure where you'll find them at that price. I find it a very low price for 400 w/ free shipping, just knowing what our distributor is selling them for. Good luck to you. :patriot:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts