Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning while just at idle my '07 oil pressure dipped down to 27psi, but when I put into gear and took off the pressure went back up to 42psi. I checked my oil life and it shoes that I have 61% life left.

What should oil pressure be at idle?

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Take a look at your gage.... The red is at near Zero. As long as you have pressure you are ok.

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
This morning while just at idle my '07 oil pressure dipped down to 27psi, but when I put into gear and took off the pressure went back up to 42psi. I checked my oil life and it shoes that I have 61% life left.

What should oil pressure be at idle?

Having 27 psi at a 450 rpm idle sounds about right. It's the oil pressure at running speeds that really counts; somewhere between 40-50 psi.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Take a look at your gage.... The red is at near Zero. As long as you have pressure you are ok.
I wouldn't go that far, if you are running less than 20psi I would shut off the car and just check the oil level and also make sure you don't have any leaks.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I wouldn't go that far, if you are running less than 20psi I would shut off the car and just check the oil level and also make sure you don't have any leaks.
I'd do the same also. Just to play it safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts