Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 70 year old geezer and just bought a 75 stingray.It's very cherry and has side pipes that are straight off the manifold,very loud. Does anyone have a suggetion how to quiet them just a bit.:flasher:

·
Registered
523 Posts
What kind of pipes do you have? Are they Hooker sidemount headers or the GM sidepipes? I can't tell from your picture.
The Hookers are a 4" tube that slips off of the header right in front of the door. All the mufflers/baffles for those drop into the tube from the front. They can be a pain to get off- a little rust or corrosion can really make them stick. There is a pinch bolt where the tube slips over the header, and then 2 more bolts that mount the tube to the frame along the side. You'l need to remove the rocker molding(s) to get to those bolts.

·
Registered
216 Posts
wasn't there a song from some band about turning up the radio ???

used that method to cure a lot of eveil . . . for a little bit . . . new speakers from radio shak . . .

etc. . . . .

gotta be somethin you can jam up those pipes in to muffle it a bit . . .

or an amp to crank up the radio . . .

wow . . . people can actually live and drive Vettes in their 70s . . .

cool . . . lotta years to go to get there yet . . .

B

P.S.

Great Aunt Charlotte was certified by Guiness as the oldest around at 115 and change . . .

but didn't drive a car for a lotta years b4 that . . .

B

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Heck, 70 ain't old unless you believe you are old. Some people are "old" at 50 and some people don't get "old" until well into their 80's. I don't plan on being old until I am into my 90's but my body isn't cooperating with me.

Check out the new bike.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.