Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have 95 vette with stock goodyear eagle GS-C 255/45ZR17 f. 285/40ZR17 r. this tire no longer made. goodyear shop said only had runflat in this size. most of you guys say runflats to rough a ride so dont want to go with those. if you could choose what tire is best for this year not based on price, i never cheepout on tires, what would you go with? have flat tire on front now,big dryrought crack,glad it went flat sitting in garage and not driving. so many different tires and brands i am lost and confused. can anyone help a vette get rolling?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you give me a number or name of the nittos so i can be sure i get the right style? when it comes down to between me and the road, the most important thing between us is the tires no matter what im driving. have had beater 4x4's that had tires that cost more than the truck.

· Registered
5,591 Posts
tirerack.com

· Registered
139 Posts
I got Nitto 555 ZR or Extreme ZR, not the drag model, through NTB (Nat'l Tire & Battery) last June and very happy with them. Pretty quiet and they stick to the road. Doubt they're made any differently this year. Was about $165 per tire here in Mass.

· Registered
5,591 Posts
Michelin hands down

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what a maze of contradicting tire revues! michelin has great performance revues but bad problem with sidewalls cracking or blowing out! conti and nitto both have good revues all around so will go with nitto since most here run them. will replace front first so can get rolling again then start smokin the back tires off, still have fat tread left, just don't trust these 18 year old tires now. thanks for the info.:burnout:

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
have no experience with this type of tire. always ran bfg radial ta on my muscle cars if needed. my dads 1960 vette has bias tires. only experience with vette till now. no comparison! like fred flinstone to george jetson. that's why needed some advice so not in the dark with so many different tires that i have never tried or heard of. thanks for all the help!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.