Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New corvette owner, I have a 92 vert, and the rear view mirror repositions itself everytime I hit a bump in the road (this car is no cadillac). I cannot see a way of tightening the mirror? I can only think of replacing with a new one. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already tried that, all it seems to do, is allow removal of the mirror, doesn't tighten or loosen the mirror.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Have had mine (93 vert) apart just recently. Theres nothing there I don't think that would tighten the joints or the dimmer hinge inside the mirror.

I assume you have the mirror with the map lights. There is a plug connector just under the windshield trim where the mirror connects. If it were mine, I would take it off and squirt some thin set supper glue into the joints (if that's where it's loose) just to tighten them up and maybe hold the mirror in place better. Nothing to lose if you're gonna replace it anyway.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine used to come loose at the screw that holds it to the winshield frame. I put a small rubber shim in it and some locktite on the screw. Problem solved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The super glue fix is working great so far, thanks for the idea! The mirror is loose at the "ball joints", not where it attaches to the windshield frame with a screw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts