Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just signed up here. I have a 2009 C6 and really need to ditch this stock exhaust and would like recommendations on an exhaust that sounds throaty. What can you guys recommend?

Do most do header swap also when changing out the exhaust on these cars? How are the stock headers on these cars? Room for improvement? What is recommended there?

Great to meet everyone and thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
I just signed up here. I have a 2009 C6 and really need to ditch this stock exhaust and would like recommendations on an exhaust that sounds throaty. What can you guys recommend?

Do most do header swap also when changing out the exhaust on these cars? How are the stock headers on these cars? Room for improvement? What is recommended there?

Great to meet everyone and thanks for the help.
http://www.lmperformance.com/53091/74.html

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
Exhaust sound and appeal is a hugely subjective decision and opinions vary widely among owners.

http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-7-36.html

The C6 Z06 bi-mode exhaust and the non-Z06 NPP exhaust are two very popular choices and give you the ability to vary the sound by operation of a butterfly valve (think like cut-outs, but after the mufflers). Both of these require an aftermarket vacuum control strategy like an NPP in a Box kit.

Magnaflow and Flomaster both make an exhaust that has an American Muscle Car sound. Corsa makes some tremendous exhausts but offer much more of an exoctic sound. B&B makes an exhaust with very deep rumble.

All have pluses and minuses. Most (with exception of Corsa) will give sound but introduce varying amounts of drone.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Exhaust sound and appeal is a hugely subjective decision and opinions vary widely among owners.

http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-7-36.html

The C6 Z06 bi-mode exhaust and the non-Z06 NPP exhaust are two very popular choices and give you the ability to vary the sound by operation of a butterfly valve (think like cut-outs, but after the mufflers). Both of these require an aftermarket vacuum control strategy like an NPP in a Box kit.

Magnaflow and Flomaster both make an exhaust that has an American Muscle Car sound. Corsa makes some tremendous exhausts but offer much more of an exoctic sound. B&B makes an exhaust with very deep rumble.

All have pluses and minuses. Most (with exception of Corsa) will give sound but introduce varying amounts of drone.
:iagree: good advice

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Now regarding added performance most exhaust will be pretty close to the same outcome?
Please do a Cold Air Intake and tune !!!The tune will be noticeable and easy to do with right tuner!!!If you want "Volume & Distinct SOUND " at [idle] and [Wide open throttle]- get C.A.I and SLP or Billy Boat exhausts.The rest are 1/2 as loud and questionable as to why you even changed the exhaust>>>Too Much$$$$$$$$$ JMO$$$$$I've heard them all at Carlisle!!!Please don't spend $1200.00 for an exhaust that you only hear at open throttle????!!!!Spend $700.00 and get N.A.S.T.Y head turning beautiful sound at 6000RPM exhaust!!!!!!!!!Ask yourself what you can deal with as far as DRONE in ****pit????If you can handle it ---and you can---- Go loud Bro!!!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Please do a Cold Air Intake and tune !!!The tune will be noticeable and easy to do with right tuner!!!If you want "Volume & Distinct SOUND " at [idle] and [Wide open throttle]- get C.A.I and SLP or Billy Boat exhausts.The rest are 1/2 as loud and questionable as to why you even changed the exhaust>>>Too Much$$$$$$$$$ JMO$$$$$I've heard them all at Carlisle!!!Please don't spend $1200.00 for an exhaust that you only hear at open throttle????!!!!Spend $700.00 and get N.A.S.T.Y head turning beautiful sound at 6000RPM exhaust!!!!!!!!!Ask yourself what you can deal with as far as DRONE in ****pit????If you can handle it ---and you can---- Go loud Bro!!!!!
:iagree: :goodpost::beerbang:

·
Registered
766 Posts
He can also put some dynomat down to kill some of the drone also :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I have the factory installed dual mode exhaust and really like it. You can buy a kit to convert to a dual mode exhaust for a fraction of the cost to buy a new exhaust system.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i have the 3in borla exhaust w/ 1 3/4 kooks, sounds great. gets lots of compliments

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
LG Headers and Corsa Sports, they will hear you when you get after it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts