Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have suggestions? Am taking Musum Delivery next month and driving back home in Houston area. Likely will spend one night in Little Rock on my way back and am nervous about what might happen that night in the hotel parking.

It seems like choosing a downtown hotel with a parking garage might offer more security than a hotel with outdoor lot (plus I plan to keep my new Vette Vert garaged as long as I can).

Has anyone ever paid a hotel security extra to make sure they keep an eye on a car?

Just looking for ideas.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
At various times I have parked my 'Vette or my expensive Harley in the parking lot of the hotel where I was staying (well over 100 nights across the whole US since I got the car in 2006). I usually ask if there are security cameras that view the parking area and ask if the front desk can keep an eye on my toy. I have never had any problem with anyone touching either of my vehicles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pappytinker, it's just that it will be so new and well...... wanted to avoid the other alternative........ of driving straight through 14/15 hours..........specially starting off in the middle of the afternoon after the Museum thing is finished. I would like to prepare and not just show-up at a motel out in the boonies when I'm pooped from the drive and then find they don't have the security or worse, don't care!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
FYI : I drove for 6 weeks and 12k miles when I picked up mine at the museum
not one issue
quit worring , you'll be fine.....

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Thanks Pappytinker, it's just that it will be so new and well...... wanted to avoid the other alternative........ of driving straight through 14/15 hours..........specially starting off in the middle of the afternoon after the Museum thing is finished. I would like to prepare and not just show-up at a motel out in the boonies when I'm pooped from the drive and then find they don't have the security or worse, don't care!
In that case, make reservations at the Holiday Inn Select at 160 Union Ave, Memphis, TN. They have indoor parking. That evening, walk out of the hotel, turn right, when you get to So. 2nd St, turn left, cross Union Ave at So. 2nd St., walk south crossing Peabody Place until you get to Beale St. (maybe you have heard of it). Before you cross Beale you will see B.B. Kings directly in front of you (southeast corner of the intersection). Do not cross the street. On your left will be the Blues City Cafe. Go there an get some ribs. The next day you can drive home. Memphis is about 275 miles from Bowling Green, it is on the route to Katy and it will leave you with less than 600 miles to drive the next day.

If you get to Memphis before 5:00PM you can go across the street from the Holiday Inn to the Peabody Hotel and watch the ducks march from the fountain to the elevator. http://www.peabodymemphis.com/peabody-ducks/

·
Registered
40 Posts
Part it directly in front of the nearest Police Station, and ask the desk Sgt. if he will keep an eye on it for you. Then walk or get a cab back to your motel.
Thats probably a bit paranoid, but its the safest spot I can think of.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
The more you worry about it , the more likely it will be damaged......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pappytinker, it looks like it's boiling-down to one of those hotels near that Holiday Inn Select in Memphis....... appears to be on the West side of town so hopefully not too much sluggish driving to get-out in the morning...... (it's a manual, i hope the clutch is easier in traffic than was my '69 with the loud L88 I bought back in '75). The ribs don't sound too bad either.... ha! I'll call them and see if the manager can tell me if they have cameras in the parking, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts