Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I must be doing something wrong here. I have been messing around with the light in my '07 for a some time now and can't get it to shut off? Help please! I'm going to un hook the battery tonight to prevent the battery from dieing.

Frank

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
You probably hit the button on the dash. The mirror lights come on when the doors are open. You can also turn them on and off by the two switches on the mirror. They also come on by pressing the instrument panel dimmer switch and many people hit that button when they are cleaning or bump it with their knee.

Get in the car. Make sure that both doors are fully closed. Wait 30 seconds to make sure the door switch has timed out. Make sure that in your efforts to turn the lights off that you have not turned them on via the switches under the mirror. Press the instrument panel switch to the left of the steering wheel and the lights should go out.

The switch you need to press is pictured here:

·
Registered
332 Posts
You probably hit the button on the dash. The mirror lights come on when the doors are open. You can also turn them on and off by the two switches on the mirror. They also come on by pressing the instrument panel dimmer switch and many people hit that button when they are cleaning or bump it with their knee.

Get in the car. Make sure that both doors are fully closed. Wait 30 seconds to make sure the door switch has timed out. Make sure that in your efforts to turn the lights off that you have not turned them on via the switches under the mirror. Press the instrument panel switch to the left of the steering wheel and the lights should go out.

Excellent post :iagree: I did it myself some time ago!

·
Registered
233 Posts

:goodpost: did it done that

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Thats it...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I did it and it took my son to figure it out...who said youth = ignorance?:toocrazy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts