Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a license plate bracket today but it says that I need to remove the small white OEM brackets that the original bolts screw into but it does not tell me how to get them out; anybody know how to do this without tearing up anything.

Thanks in advance.:cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
License plate holder

Hi Pat,
how do you putchase the hold from, he should of sent out direction, I just purchase one from mid america and have not installed it, :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
23,192 Posts
I bought a license plate bracket today but it says that I need to remove the small white OEM brackets that the original bolts screw into but it does not tell me how to get them out; anybody know how to do this without tearing up anything.

Thanks in advance.:cool:
This doesn't make any sense. Unless it's a front license plate bracket, what do you need it for?

For the rear, all you might want is a license plate frame.

Please clarify what you bought.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a new body colored rear license plate frame from RPI and it has an aluminum plate that mounts to the car and then the license plate and the frame mount to that. It is a very clean look and I found out by just looking long enough that the OEM nuts in the rear can be removed with a flat head screw driver and a rag to protect the paint. The instructions that came with the part just said to remove the nuts but it did not show or describe how to do it. I bought several new items from RPI and the instructions have been great except for this one small item.

http://rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=926

·
Registered
23,192 Posts
I bought a new body colored rear license plate frame from RPI and it has an aluminum plate that mounts to the car and then the license plate and the frame mount to that. It is a very clean look and I found out by just looking long enough that the OEM nuts in the rear can be removed with a flat head screw driver and a rag to protect the paint. The instructions that came with the part just said to remove the nuts but it did not show or describe how to do it. I bought several new items from RPI and the instructions have been great except for this one small item.

http://rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=926
Ok. You shouldn't need the metal plate. Remove/unscrew the 2 screws that hold your license plate to the rear fascia of the car. Your license plate should slide into the backside of the license plate frame (yours looks just like the GM frame that everyone sells). The license plate will fit under the 2 tabs on each side and 2 on top or bottom. You'll want the 2 tabs to be on the bottom so the license plate doesn't slide down and out. Insert the 2 screws through the holes on the upper part of your license plate and tighten with a screwdriver. If you had bought a bracket & frame for the front of the car, your license plate would be inserted under the tabs upside down so the screws would go through the bottom holes in the plate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts