Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my car used from the dealership... There was a VeraRam after market intake in the car... This was jerry rigged the housing was extremely loose... believe it or not there was duct tape all over the radiator and wrapped around the housing of the air filter... truly unbelievable... So I took apart the Veraram and intalled a BBK cold air intake do you think I made a bad mistake in doing so... the car drives the same... i don't notice any difference... :doh:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
what did you do with the cut-up shroud or does the BBK use that?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok dumb *** question but what cut up shroud... where is it located??? please dont bite my head off i am new to this...

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Well,the VARARAM is a real live cold air intake.It gets outside air in.The shroud is cut on install so the thing can fit in the car.Are you sure it was a VARARAM in there??If you don't see a big hole in the shroud,it ain't no VARARAM!!!You get gains at speed with the VARARAM WHEREAS with just filters..well,you get filters...

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
ok dumb *** question but what cut up shroud... where is it located??? please dont bite my head off i am new to this...
It is a big flat plastic piece running vertically in front of the radiator. To install a Vararam you cut a BIG hole in this because the intake goes all the way to the grill.

You can see it here:
http://www.vararam.com/C6-snakecharmer.pdf

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeahhhhh.... Im definitely missing a shroud... maybe i shouldnt of installed the BBK... But you should of seen the rig job the previous owner had with the VERARAM....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts