Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today i was just crusing in tha c4 with tha top down with my little boy....i came to a red light and a nasty sooped up 90's model camero wants to race.....noooooot gonna happin...as im remembering the charger on patrol and running radar up the road which i just passed bout 20 minutes ago i gunned it and then immediately slowed down....this guy then also guns it and literally flies around me and slides across the median and finally got control of his massive car...i see the charger coming towards us and saw the whole thing and then pulled the guy over...i can only imagine what happened in that conversation...am i wrong for feeling he got what he deserved for being a smart ***?:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
short answer , NO

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
better him than you lol

·
Registered
861 Posts
Must be the weather, Friday evening, me and the wife went for a cruise in my '84. On our way home, a Silverado with about 9" of lift and 35's on it, fugging LAUNCHED it from the light we were at, he was digging hard, smoking the tires, I just casually pulled off from the light but before I could get through the intersection, I saw BLUE LIGHTS to my left. City PD, I got on the binders and let him through...dude got pulled over. Like I told my wife - "He THOUGHT he could, I KNOW I can, so why bother?" I didn't even rev the engine, I was just sitting there minding my own business. Classic [email protected]$$ move. I will admit though, a few years ago....it might of been BOTH of us getting pulled over. LOL!
As a sidebar....I was very impressed by his display, when I say he smoked 'em, I mean those 35's were flat out being SCORCHED! :woowoo:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Kinda like his wallet after the judge is done with him......

·
Registered
861 Posts
Yep...and worst of all, he looked like a teenager, here in VA if you get a ticket as a teenage driver, you get suspended - PERIOD. My son goes to school with a couple of kids that got speeding tickets soon after getting their REAL permits. Judge suspended their license until they turn 18.

I don't know for sure that he was a teenager but he looked young. Either way, traffic court judges in this area love to lower the boom on offenders. Army, Air Force and Navy bases abound in these parts, they cut NO SLACK! Constant source of revenue...LOL!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I'd have to say yea, it was bad. Depending of course on how long he carried on. I take it as a compliment when someone pulls up next to me wanting to race. They just want to be able to tell their bud's they out run a vette. But I think just by your question you already know it was at least a little bad. On the other hand, he probably got off with just a ticket, which isn't good, but it's a lot better than getting nailed for drag racing. So maybe it was just enough to teach him a good life lesson...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts