Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be ordering a battery tender. I was wondering are these pretty easy to install? I have a few tools but really not all that good about installing stuff that requires a ton of assembly. I have installed a new battery. Which was a big deal for me, virtual high 5 for me :p

With a battery tender, is the only thing I need to do is hook this up to the battery?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
I'm going to be ordering a battery tender. I was wondering are these pretty easy to install? I have a few tools but really not all that good about installing stuff that requires a ton of assembly. I have installed a new battery. Which was a big deal for me, virtual high 5 for me :p

With a battery tender, is the only thing I need to do is hook this up to the battery?

Thank you
Order one with a "lighter plug" connector and plug it into the aux port in the console and you are done.

I have the BatteryMINDer Plus. If you use this vendor order the VPP-12 Vehicle Power Plug to use the Aux power port.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Order one with a "lighter plug" connector and plug it into the aux port in the console and you are done.

I have the BatteryMINDer Plus. If you use this vendor order the VPP-12 Vehicle Power Plug to use the Aux power port.
:iagree: simple and easy

·
Registered
2,799 Posts

Thank you
Basically, yes. I strongly suggest that you get a Battery MINDer (brand name of battery maintainer). The transformer end plugs into an extension cord and the other end has a polarized connector. It comes with a wire that you can permanently connect to the battery and another one with clip connectors like you find on the end of jumper cables.

First, connect the clip connectors to the battery (red to + and black to -). Next, plug the transformer end into the extension cord and, last, plug the polarized connector together to complete the circuit. When you have made those three connections you should see a steady red light (led) and a steady green light (led) on the transformer.

When the green light is steady, the battery is being charged. When the green light is flashing, the battery is being maintained. And, when there is no green light, the clips on the battery may not be connected properly or the battery is toast.

Model 12117 is for normal batteries like DieHard, Duracel, AC Delco OEM, etc. Model 12118 is for AGM type batteries like Optima and Odyssey. AGM batteries have charging needs that are slightly different from normal batteries.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Basically, yes. I strongly suggest that you get a Battery MINDer (brand name of battery maintainer). The transformer end plugs into an extension cord and the other end has a polarized connector. It comes with a wire that you can permanently connect to the battery and another one with clip connectors like you find on the end of jumper cables.

First, connect the clip connectors to the battery (red to + and black to -). Next, plug the transformer end into the extension cord and, last, plug the polarized connector together to complete the circuit. When you have made those three connections you should see a steady red light (led) and a steady green light (led) on the transformer.

When the green light is steady, the battery is being charged. When the green light is flashing, the battery is being maintained. And, when there is no green light, the clips on the battery may not be connected properly or the battery is toast.

Model 12117 is for normal batteries like DieHard, Duracel, AC Delco OEM, etc. Model 12118 is for AGM type batteries like Optima and Odyssey. AGM batteries have charging needs that are slightly different from normal batteries.
:iagree: :goodpost:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts