Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear SmokinVette family and friends,

After much thought and careful consideration, I am pleased to announce the transfer of ownership of SmokinVette.com to the Autoforums.com group.

Over the past years, SmokinVette has seen remarkable growth and support from the Corvette community. Operationally, the company was just a two man team and with any company, there comes a point when you either build a larger team to support the rapid growth or you find a new home and someone to take care of it. We have considered all options and decided on the latter and we feel that Autoforums.com was just the right fit. These guys are a group of young automotive enthusiasts supported by a strong organization. They specialize in running countless successful auto-related web communities and have the staff, technology, and resources that can support the massive growth SmokinVette was experiencing.

Although Greg and I have had a blast and made many new friends along the way, we feel it is time to hang up our shoes and pursue our other passions. With Autoforums now sitting in the driver’s seat, this gives Greg and I piece of mind knowing that our SmokinVette family will always be in great hands!
With that said, please join me in welcoming the new SmokinVette leader, Autoforums and the new site Administrator, Yung.

We would like to thank Autoforums for taking on the challenge and wish them great success in taking the website to the next level.

With warm personal regards,

Alex and Greg

·
Registered
716 Posts
:coffeetime: WOW, that is news! Well congrats! I have sure enjoyed the site and will continue to enjoy the site.

·
Administrator
349 Posts
Hi everyone,

Yung here. Hope you are all well. As Alex and Greg just posted, I will be the new site Admin here at Smokinvette.com. We're excited to be a part of the team and looking forward to even better days (which Alex and Greg already set a high standard for).

I will be mainly here as a technical support help for website related issues. The mod team is still in tack and I'll help them if needed. Other than that, it's business as usual! Looking forward to getting to know you guys!

Yung

·
Smokin Member
1,825 Posts
Hope to see you around the site still! This is the only Corvette forum I visit! :coffeetime:
:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

Great job on the site!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
:iagree: Thanks for everything Greg and Alex.
Welcome aboard Yung and the rest of Autoforum. :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Alex and Greg, thank you both very much for everything :thumbsup3: You two will be missed :crybaby:, don't be afraid to stop on by once in a while. I wish you two nothing but the best in the coming years. SmokinVette has been the only Corvette forum I am active with, It'll remain the same.

Welcome to SmokinVette Yung, and the rest of the team.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
congrats to you guys and good luck on future adventures. Thanks for all the years, It was nice meeting you guys at Carlisle and winning the set of pipes in your very first contest. You will be missed. And seeing as this is my only vette forum I wont be going anywhere... And to Yung
:welcometoourcl

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Wow! A little unsure what to say. I guess a congratulations goes to both! :D

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alex and Greg, thank you both very much for everything :thumbsup3: You two will be missed :crybaby:, don't be afraid to stop on by once in a while. SmokinVette has been the only Corvette forum I am active with, It'll remain the same.

Welcome to SmokinVette Yung, and the rest of the team.
Thank you, but just FYI... we aren't go anywhere! We will still be here ;)

congrats to you guys and good luck on future adventures. Thanks for all the years, It was nice meeting you guys at Carlisle and winning the set of pipes in your very first contest. You will be missed. And seeing as this is my only vette forum I wont be going anywhere... And to Yung
:welcometoourcl
Thank you also, All the members here are considered family to us. I would like to say again... we aren't go anywhere. After all we are a product of our environment! The difference is... we have more time to get out to all the Corvette meets now! :woowoo:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Alex and Greg aren't going anywhere. In fact, you might just see them around more than ever. I'll let you guys interpret if that's a good thing or not. ;)
Thank you, but just FYI... we aren't go anywhere! We will still be here ;)

Thank you also, All the members here are considered family to us. I would like to say again... we aren't go anywhere. After all we are a product of our environment! The difference is... we have more time to get out to all the Corvette meets now! :woowoo:

OH HELL YES!!! :woowoo: :woowoo: :rockon6rk: :rockon6rk: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Congratulations Alex and Greg. You guys developed a forum where everyone was welcomed, and very few wore that welcome out.

You guys allowed us to have as much fun as we wanted within reason, and allowed us to share information about many things, but more importantly about Corvettes. I always enjoyed being on here.

I don't know what to expect now, but I assume there may be changes. Hopefully, if there are they will be good changes.

I am thinking that if you would have recruited better Agents, you guys would still being running this insane asylum.:smilielol5::smilielol5:

Alex and Greg, good luck to both of you, hopefully you guys will hang around here. :thumbsup3::cheers:

And to the new Owners welcome:cheers:

Now can we get rid of Sting?:rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congratulations Alex and Greg. You guys developed a forum where everyone was welcomed, and very few wore that welcome out.

You guys allowed us to have as much fun as we wanted within reason, and allowed us to share information about many things, but more importantly about Corvettes. I always enjoyed being on here.

I don't know what to expect now, but I assume there may be changes. Hopefully, if there are they will be good changes.

I am thinking that if you would have recruited better Agents, you guys would still being running this insane asylum.:smilielol5::smilielol5:

Alex and Greg, good luck to both of you, hopefully you guys will hang around here. :thumbsup3::cheers:

And to the new Owners welcome:cheers:

Now can we get rid of Sting?:rofl::rofl:

I don't know what to say. You guys are great! Thank you for your support and thank you for the messages!

I'm going to say it again my friends, we aren't going anywhere!

Much respect to you all!

Alex

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I'm going to say it again my friends, we aren't going anywhere!

Much respect to you all!

Alex
Glad to hear that! Now, do you think we can get the smokin bucks counter working again. :rofl:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts