Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1980 Corvette that I bought and I've decided to "redo" the entire car. I took out everything under the hood and took the body off the frame. I cleaned and painted the frame, replaced the some parts involving suspension and the body mounts. What I'm hoping you can help me with, from your experiences, is what's the best way to go about things to put everything back together? Like should I put all of the parts on the engine then put it in the car? Or put the engine in, then the parts? Also, should the transmission go in once the engine is in or should I bolt it to the engine and put it in? I don't have a car lift or anything extravagant like that. I do have an engine Jack but I was wondering what everone would suggest as in how to go about putting all of this back together. Taking it out was easy but I want to put it all in the best and easiest way. Thanks everyone for your time and effort on this.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
If you still have the body off, put the engine and trans together and reinstall into the frame.. with driveshaft and all ..then lower body onto frame...if you ve already dropped the body onto frame, the assemble everything , engine/trans, all accessories, then drop it all in together..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts