·
Registered
5,563 Posts
doesn't everybody ?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
How Do U Get a Z51 ? With a Auto ?
The 1986 "Malcom Konner Commemorative Edition," to honor the New Jersey Chevrolet dealership founder had 50 units. Twenty of these had the Z51 suspension divided equally between manual and automatic transmissions.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got one

The 1986 "Malcom Konner Commemorative Edition," to honor the New Jersey Chevrolet dealership founder had 50 units. Twenty of these had the Z51 suspension divided equally between manual and automatic transmissions.
That's somethin I din't Know ! Thanks Pappy !

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
My 87 originaly came with everything for Z51 except the oil-cooler and letters on the build sheet...it is also automatic. I have never been able to find out how or why it was built that way, but have found others with the same.

·
Registered
307 Posts
my old 84 was a z-51 car and it was a 700r4 as well i thought the z-52 was a revision(soft up because people complained the rid was to stiff) of the z-51 package

·
Registered
24 Posts
attitude

I dont fell I have an attitude but I am very overprotective of my 95 coupe.I dont park close to anyone in stores. why?my car is fiberglass and plastic imagine what a door ding would do,cave a hole in the door.It has 47,800 miles on it would be almost impossible to replace.I dont go down roads that are real bumpy or alot of potholes.also no place where it can be carjacked or stolen outright.plus I made it faster from the factory and ride better from the factory all from upgrades,and sound better than stock.all in all a great car:drool5:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
not most from my experience...however seems like anytime im on tha road everyone wants to race or pass me when in my c4...seems like everyone else has the attitudes...
That's what happens when you're driving a legend. It's like the bully on the playground, everyone wants to be the one to take him down, comes with the territory. :patriot:

·
Registered
148 Posts
84 z51

:duel:Sorry my 84 IS a Z51 I have the tank sticker to prove it . And Yes it is a 700 R 4 With a TCI shift Kit. I think they ONLY made AUTO. and 4+3 transmissions in84. If you find a 4 speed it is rare.:pigsfly:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got one !

my old 84 was a z-51 car and it was a 700r4 as well i thought the z-52 was a revision(soft up because people complained the rid was to stiff) of the z-51 package
Mine must of missed that session Cause it Has Stiff suspension .....I can Throw into a 90* Turn & It Won't slide out ? The only diff is the trans....HELLO!....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts