Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbsup3:so the other day i took the ole c4 out with top down and just cruesin when a brand new charger pulled up beside me at red light..now we were at a busy intersection on a sunny day..anyway he proceeds to taunt me by reving his little 340 horse stock engine.me? im cool and collected with my 400 horses at bay..however i was feelin a little froggy so i played along.in short...for the next 3 red lights i ate his lunch and by the 3rd one he threw in tha towel...just another day as a vette owner im finding.:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
:thumbsup3:so the other day i took the ole c4 out with top down and just cruesin when a brand new charger pulled up beside me at red light..now we were at a busy intersection on a sunny day..anyway he proceeds to taunt me by reving his little 340 horse stock engine.me? im cool and collected with my 400 horses at bay..however i was feelin a little froggy so i played along.in short...for the next 3 red lights i ate his lunch and by the 3rd one he threw in tha towel...just another day as a vette owner im finding.:thumbsup3:

Shame on you for street racing. If you want to race someone go to the track or strip; both being humbling experiences. If you get caught while street racing you'll end up with a fine that will astonish you. Because of the extreme danger you put innocent people in. Yeah, I have street raced in my younger days (in the early '60's) but the traffic back then was only a fraction of what it is today.

·
Registered
908 Posts
How do you have 400 HP with these mods?

Modifications
all new exaust with chrome tips...throttle response chip...cold air intake...smooth intake duct with intake manifold max air baffle...also several interior and exterior cosmetic upgrades.

Anyway, I'm glad that you beat the overweight land barge, great job! :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Glad you beat him, but I agree its not worth the risk. You have a Corvette, its no contest, mine puts a smile on my face without doing stupid things. (Although I did play silly bugger with a buddy who has a 68 Mustang all done up, beat him clean, but still not worth the risk). Keep in mind, if you are only going a quarter of a mile, buy a bicycle.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I eat

Don't Run over anyone ! Butt I've been know to Kick it in the a$$ Myself ! & I Now Ya'll Have Too So Don't Be Givin out that Holy as H**l crap !!..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its not like i went more than 50 to 100 yards guys seriously...and i never street race im a family guy with wife and 3 kids..no harm in shutting a rude street racer down every once in a while. it happened once and its rare.guess i wont share stories any more with assholes who have done exactly tha same thing.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
its not like i went more than 50 to 100 yards guys seriously...and i never street race im a family guy with wife and 3 kids..no harm in shutting a rude street racer down every once in a while. it happened once and its rare.guess i wont share stories any more with assholes who have done exactly tha same thing.
A quick little blast to shut up a Dodge owner is OK by me! should n t take far!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Good thing it wasn't an SRT-8 or you would be the kill story on the Charger forums :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Good thing it wasn't an SRT-8 or you would be the kill story on the Charger forums :thumbsup3:
:rofl: Like I would of been had traffic not started slowing up on the expressway. Traffic forms and it's time to cool down!

·
Registered
50 Posts
guilty by association

Yeah, I have street raced in my younger days (in the early '60's) but the traffic back then was only a fraction of what it is today.
Street racing has been going on since the dawn of the automobile. You just admitted your quilt. You say there was less traffic back then. But, you aren't considering the weight and lack of performance in the suspension and brakes back then (not to mention half the roads you raced were probably dirt roads).:sm_party: I drive my dads 57 Bel Aire around, and the car rides like a big boat, and the four wheel drum brakes are crap. So, you cannot justify it being okay back in 1961 to street race. :duel:
Drive on!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Keep your posts going!! I like to hear stories like this. You got the car to enjoy, and we, as adults, take risks in a lot of things we do. ALL OF US! Just do you thing.
:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Yea,street racing can get you into big trouble sir,not only with Law enforcement but with your insurance as well and in some states they can confiscate the vehicle. Oh and if you do go to the track watch out for the SRT 8 Hemi's.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Haven't found anyone that wants to play with the Vette. The 99 WS6 Trans Am that I had before was always being challenged. Took on a GSXR on the freeway one night with the wife, kids, and groceries in the car. His friends laughed at him when he got his butt kicked. If there isn't any traffic why not go ahead and have a little fun. If you really want to race the 1/4 mile then take it to the track and see what it will do. You bought it; you enjoy it but responsibly.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I eat!

Yea,street racing can get you into big trouble sir,not only with Law enforcement but with your insurance as well and in some states they can confiscate the vehicle. Oh and if you do go to the track watch out for the SRT 8 Hemi's.
Florida is one ........I run 1& a quarter a lot.... & they can take my car... Take My license. throw my Butt in the can. & Charge Me With a Felony.... :wheelchair: This would be My New Ride !!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts