Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been out of the loop for 7 months. I had my lower right leg amputated, and now I am finely back driving my 6 speed, I wont be to competitive on the 1/4 mile, but I can do ok on the street. Any I don't have too much to prove. She has over 600 hp, ant too much going to beat her any way. But best of all I can drive her again.:seeya:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Glad to hear you can still drive and enjoy her!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Welcome back brother, glad to hear you're back behind the wheel. Enjoy and live to the fullest. :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I have been out of the loop for 7 months. I had my lower right leg amputated, and now I am finely back driving my 6 speed, I wont be to competitive on the 1/4 mile, but I can do ok on the street. Any I don't have too much to prove. She has over 600 hp, ant too much going to beat her any way. But best of all I can drive her again.:seeya:
David, you inspire and give me hope.
I lost the use of both legs & feet due to spinal cord damage caused by Lupus on Thanksgiving Day 2009, just 5 months after buying my SC M6 Vette.
It's been a long crawl back for me as well. Even though I can't drive at this point, I 'm finally able to get around with a walker.
Other than today's confession, Alex was the only SV member I ever let in on my condition.
As Arnold Schwarzenegger says . . . I'll BE BACK!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
wow.....best of luck to BOTH of you !

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dam guy's you know how to show others how to fight. I'm glad to hear both of you are doing well. Keep going and enjoy life! It's amazing what small things like our vettes can inspire us to make us happy.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Dam guy's you know how to show others how to fight. I'm glad to hear both of you are doing well. Keep going and enjoy life! It's amazing what small things like our vettes can inspire us to make us happy.
You're right about that, my sons had a picture of my Vette printed up poster size and gave it to me for Christmas 2009.
I hung it on my hospital room wall for inspiration, it definitely helped me feel better.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sounds like we have a new medicine....who'd of thought....maybe the next time we see the "doc"...he/she will presciribe....the following: "Take 1 C5 Vette as needed...say hello the the guys and gals on SV...and...not to worry...it's impossible to OD...you'll never ever get enough of the best ride ever made!" Why to go guys...keep on "Vette'n"!

·
Registered
221 Posts
One of the assignments that I gave my students to do during spring break was to write an essay about a modern-day hero. When I read this moving thread, I couldn’t help but think about how both david belding and Corvette Don definitely qualify as modern-day heroes. You guys are certainly my heroes, and I will mention both of you to my students when they turn in their essays. You are inspiring and awesome. I wish both of you the best of health, happiness, and every good thing that life has to offer.
God Bless.
Sincerely,
Cat =^..^=
(PS I am a C3. I guess it’s okay for me to post in the C5 section. If not, sorry.)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts