Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I burst a hose some time ago, I still get air bubbles and pockets. How much water does the whole system take then?
I quess I have never bled it properly then?
I have no water in the exhaust and oil.....

Thanks
Theo

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I will have to take the intake off and check the gaskets! My car is definately using water and could suck it in through there? I have never an overpressure under the cap when cooling off or gas bubbles?
I have read on this engine some of the intake bolts go straight into the air intake system and can loose the water there. If it was head gaskets what symptoms would I have??
Thanks Guys

Theo

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Think you would have white smoke coming out the exhaust if it was real bad. If not so bad that it creats white smoke try putting a glass jar over an exhaust pipe after the engine is warmed up. If a finite amount of water is coming out it should show up as condensation on the inside of the glass. If coolent getting into the combustion chamber is indicated by either test it can be verified by other tests.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply!!!
Maybe I should pressure test the cooling system as well and see if it loses pressure? Since the time I burst the hose. I keep on topping up....
The other day I put in almost 1.5 litres and never started the car. Then say about 3 days later it needed water. The one exhaust is steaming when its "colder outside but goes away when the car is hot. I do not see water in the oil either. When I open the cap after cooled down, there is a suction there. I see on these engines some of the intake manifold bolts goes actually through the intake? So that menas then it can actually suck in the water say on the left bank? I first thought it was trapped air in my coolant system but now I get suspicious about it!
Theo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts