Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently insured through AAA paying $142 per month, I decided to call up Progressive after seeing another annoying commercial with "Flo". They quoted me $117 per month for the same coverage. The only thing I'm concerned about is if I move over I loose my seniority, I've been with AAA for a very long time.

Does anyone have Progressive insurance? I know sometimes less cost isn't better. I would like to know how Progressive as a company is? In case of accident, is the process a PITA to get processed or are they pretty good about that?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I'm currently insured through AAA paying $142 per month, I decided to call up Progressive after seeing another annoying commercial with "Flo". They quoted me $117 per month for the same coverage. The only thing I'm concerned about is if I move over I loose my seniority, I've been with AAA for a very long time.

Does anyone have Progressive insurance? I know sometimes less cost isn't better. I would like to know how Progressive as a company is? In case of accident, is the process a PITA to get processed or are they pretty good about that?
What is this concern about "seniority?" Does that give you a discount? Or, does it cause them to waive all or part of your deductible? With the different rates, the difference is $300 per year. If you never have an accident, you won't use/need the waiver and you can put the $300 in a bank in case you do have one.

What other people pay is dependent on where they live and their individual situations. You cannot judge what your insurance will be by what others are paying. For example, you are paying more than THREE TIMES what I am paying for my C6 and we haven't even talked about the specific coverages (250,000/500,000/100,000, -500, multi car disc., )

I don't think much of Regressive. One year they doubled my rate; no accidents, no claims, its just that information about my mortgage had dropped off my credit report and my history was "not long enough." I happen to have paid off my mortgage more than 7 years earlier. Bastages!

I shouldn't really complain, though. I found other insurance for less than what I had been originally paying Regressive. Then the next year I found better rates for my motorcycle insurance and told Regressive to take theirs and "stick it," too.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I agree! It is really hard to compare prices any more. If you are prior or current military then USAA is hard to beat. I had Allstate before them. Regardless I never seen my rates drop with either company, even though my cars get older and with no claims/tickets/accidents. They usually come up with the "we raised insurance rates for everyone" excuse.

Whatever you do, don't go with the state mininum. You can be destroyed financially with one accident.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I pay $700.00 per year on my 05.
I pay about the same for my pick-up.
Same here, less than $700 a year on the vette. My wife's insurance on here BMW is about 300 a year more than my vette.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I pay around $80/month for mine with USAA - just $20 more per month than each of my other cars.

Dont worry about senoirity - if it is cheaper than switch. I was with allstate for 10+ years and when I called to try to reduce my rates (before I bought the vette) they said it was the best they could do - switched to Geico and saved a bunch and then when I got married I got on my wife's USAA and saved even more.

I will probably reevalute every couple of years to see where i can get the best deal now, although, i think USAA seems to have the best rates from what everyone else says.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Mines right around $89 per month. But then again I do prepay for every 6 months.
And that is more than TWO TIMES what I am paying. Mine works out to less than $40 per month.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I will probably reevalute every couple of years to see where i can get the best deal now, although, i think USAA seems to have the best rates from what everyone else says.
I agree, it is hard to beat USAA and I do compare once in awhile. It does vary like crazy though. Allstate was close to USAA, State Farm was about double.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I pay about $1,150 per year. I have no at fault accidents or tickets on my record. And my credit rating is very good.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
$50.00 a month with USAA.:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
128 Posts
$38 bucks a month. Not bad for a 26 year old male. We have our house and life insurance all through state farm, and the Vette is considered a second vehicle for me, so I'm limited to 7,500 miles a year, which shouldn't be a problem. Went with $1,000 deductible. Another $5 a month for $500 ded.
Also have a clean driving record except for one ding when I was 16.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
$125 a month (USAA) on my C6 and included is renter's insurance for my apartment.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts